7 Jan - Mentone with a surfboard

Tarren lent me his surfboard before following his heart to Italy so I thought it would be a good time to give it a go. Mentone was a little light on - probably around 16 knots - perfect for trying out the surfboard.

In summary - riding is fairly easy, but puts all different strains on your legs than the twin tip.  Gybing - that is tricky.  It seems to be equally difficult if you switch before a turn or after, and I reckon just a lot of practice required to get it right.  It makes me appreciate the twin tip so much more, you don't even have to think about that at all.  I did manage to get 2 or 3 gybes in on each side, a good return, but there is obviously a lot more to do before becoming proficient.

Stu Styles came down and had another go - he is getting very close to getting up and going consistently.  He's giving it a real good crack which is fantastic.

Unfortunately the Garmin is giving me some grief - it didn't get reception the entire session.  Luckily I wasn't on a big downwinder - that would have been a nightmare.  I'm hoping with more charge the problem may go away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 10 01 - Seaford - blown off the water