Nice 18-22 knots down at Aspendale for Taz and I. My arm is starting to come good at last, just lots more stretching to do. Landed some nice doubles and loops. Bloody fantastic as ever to be on the water.
Eric, Pete, Tarren and I met up at Tarren's place. It had rained the day before so we figured Aspendale would be the go - clean, flat water. It was magnificent. The wind was just enough - we could have done with a few more knots but still a lot of fun. I worked on unhooked - and found out that it you dont have the kite set right it can be a real pain, every time I unhooked the kite just dropped out of the sky. I tried the roast beef grab, got real close but I'll have to work on my flexibility. Nailed the double grabs - not that hard. Then worked on front roll 540 transition, landing toeside. I was able to land it pretty consistently, just need to work on having enough power to steam out of it. Sorted out the start from the board on the water - just jumping up onto it and heading off. Not hard in flat water. Very decent long session - and I think we've uncovered a new great spot - there is fantastic flat water beside the pier....
Mike did a tour of the coast. Mark worked on his jumps - coming along well. Stu carved waves and I worked on rotational jumps - a lot. Making good progress on the preferred side, and slow progress on the non preferred. I'm finding the double back on the non preferred really tricky - trying to make sure the kite doesn't fly back to far in the window. Great to get the 3rd session in - and 4 for the week !
Fantastic forecast, kids with my parents - bring on the kiting. Pete and I headed down to Frankston and were greeted by 25 knots consistent wind, a nice little surf and beautiful water. We played around for about half an hour in the small surf, then did a downwinder to Mt Eliza and beyond. Unfortunately I cut my hand somewhere in proceedings and it just would not stop bleeding profusely, I had to keep sucking the blood of my hand for fear of it leaving too much of a trail in the water. I ended up having to turn us around, as it was becoming ridiculous. It didn't stop bleeding for another hour or so - crazy stuff. Tried the indy glide - its very close - but stuffed up a few darkslides. Great conditions for the small kite today.
Comments
Post a Comment