2021 10 24 - Hampton - up down and scary

 We all wanted to go to Aspendale but the wind had other things on its mind.  Met up with James and Mike for a kite at Hampton.  I was somewhat undecided between small kite and big kite - but a lull convinced me the big kite was the go.  Probably the right choice but it was a hell of a ride at times.

Some fantastic ramps flowing through meant for some big big airs.  I pulled a couple of kite loops and got tremendous drift, so much fun.  The wind pushed through twice - to the point of almost getting lofted and wondering how the heck to calm things down.  Luckily the depower on the kite is amazing, once I made the decision to depower it was all relatively under control.

Had a closish call with Mike - I was just focussed on ramps, got up in the air to look to my right and Mike is also jumping beside me.  We both were able to pull out fine - thank goodness.

Stu came down after a sleep in - looked to be having a ball when we left.

Last session I detected a crack in the casing of my centre line - taped it up which is fine but it does make me a tiny bit uneasy!  Can't wait for the replacement part.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 10 01 - Seaford - blown off the water