30 Jun 2012 - Frankston - the new northerly spot

Becoming a big fan of Frankston in a northerly - fantastic consistent wind, nice little waves and no repercussions if things go bad - unlike Brighton.  Had a magnificent session - spent the first hour solo under blue skies, about 20 knots and nice little waves.  Worked on my weaker side with jumps, transitions and spins.  Magic setup.  Franz and a couple of his buddies showed up as I was thinking of going in so I stuck it out for another hour - mucking around in waves mostly.  As I haven't been kiting as much as summer I pulled up really sore - my neck, stomach and legs have had a big workout.  I had 4 large blisters on my hands too - its great without gloves for grip but these IT hands are not quite up to it!  In time I'm sure it will be fine.
After fixing the depower line on my kite there is a little more slack, but the kite is flying fine so all good.  Ive got a strong feeling that this kite is going to explode one day - its starting to feel very thin and soft.  Its seen a hell of a lot of work so no great loss if it does blow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 05 07 - Hampton with a new Pete