2018 10 28 - Gold coast honking wind

We jetted down to the Gold coast to grab the wind as it built to ballistic speeds in the afternoon.  We figured if we got there about 12 we would be able to setup and kite it all the way through.  The instant we got to the beach, we realised two things
1) it was already cranking
2) the setup was bloody perfect

I figured it would be small kite in the afternoon so thought I'd charge on the 10m for as long as I could hold it then switch up.  I'd picked up a bunch of energy drinks and bars to recharge as I knew it was going to be a cranking day with no time for breaks.  Great strategy and one that works every time !

Being on the 10m, in the sun, with waves and cracking wind was magnificent.  The most magnificent session of the weekend.  Big air, reliable kite, lots of mates around - gold.  Unfortunately Taz, Mike and Stu had launched further up the beach for some strange reason and launched about an hour after we started, so I didn't get much go pro footage of them.

Lots of spins, lots of waves and some epic stacks.  Backroll kiteloop resulted in an inverted kite, which I had to go in and reset.  Unfortunately that resulted in a whole heap of sand on my leading edge, which just wouldn't fall off and made it steer like a dog.  So I had to dunk it again.  Actually, I just crashed again but thankfully that washed the leading edge and made it fly beautifully.  The wind kept building to a point where I had to go in, exhausted from holding down the kite in big winds.  Time to recharge the batteries and get ready for small kite fun.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 05 07 - Hampton with a new Pete