14 May 2011 - Fixing my back at Hampton in storm fronts


Location :Hampton
Kite : 7m Crossbow
Conditions : 15-25 knots south-westerly

Did my back about 2 weeks ago and have been itching to get out kiting ever since.  I figured the pressure from the harness would pull it back into shape - plus I just wanted to get out anyway.  Was great to get out, fantastic to do something with a pretty average day.  Very windy when I got down there so I opted for the 7.  I think it was a good choice given the conditions, I was never really overpowered, but there was a huge variance in conditions.  I just wanted to play it safe - I didn't want to have an epic adventure if I couldn't rely 100% on my body.  Didn't push the limits with any tricks, particularly with the 7 as it moves around very quickly.  Just doing standard tricks the kite ends up in some unusual positions, I can't imagine the strife I'd be getting in trying rotations.  Having said that, even looping the thing does not generate extreme power so.....maybe next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 05 07 - Hampton with a new Pete