2 Jan 2013 - bitten at long reef

Lovely session in the waves at long reef, not quite enough wind so it was hard going keeping upwind amongst the surf. Didn't get onto a lot of waves, it was pretty sloppy. some great runs about 1 metre from shore, as the waves pull away from the shore, it creates a little extra tension in the kite, lots of fun.   Stayed out for quite a while. On the drive home my leg started to hurt really badly, one spot behind my ankle them all the way up my leg. It hurt so much after a while I wanted to throw up. Got home and doused it in vinegar... relief. I've never had a bad sting from a jellyfish, they hurt!
Turns out that they have blue bottles, or Portuguese man of war jellyfish here that sting badly, as opposed to the blue blubber benign species in the bay. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 05 07 - Hampton with a new Pete