2018 12 22 - Ride that pony

Having effectively given up on the downwinder, I deflated my kite.  Even the yachts out in the middle of the bay were just bobbing along.  The second after my kite was fully deflated, we were hit with a big gust, an instance of 20 knots right in our face.  The water rippled up, and it seemed like the wind was back in town.
I quickly pumped up again and got out on the water.  The wind was good, but not enough for me to hold a line.  I tried to wait as long as I could, then bit the bullet and rode with the wind towards mordialloc.  As I hit Seaford it got a lot stronger, it ended up being a great ride for me all the way until Aspendale, well powered wind and a nice little wave.  Pete overtook me, and I could see James making up ground.  I couldn't see Stu so figured him and Dobbo had opted out.
Turned out that Stu caught up and Dobbo got stuck behind Seaford pier - damn.  The window of wind was really short, I was just fortunate to be able to grab the strongest section and ride it most of the way home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 05 07 - Hampton with a new Pete