2022 12 14 - Sandy point solo mission

 Finished up early for the year.  I'd taken leave to go to Indonesia, and with Tina's dad being in such a bad state we decided to cancel the trip.  I kept the leave and thought I'd have some kiting adventures instead - and do a trip to Uluru with Alexander.

Headed down to Sandy point after watching the soccer in the morning.  Arrived to 25 knots and a very big swell.  Took the small kite out and turned out just as well, it was pretty consistently 27-30, big air and heaps of fun.  Rode a lot of very big waves out the back and in the middle, had some ridiculously big launches and kite loops.  Met Sam - a German kiter and his family.  And saw a very large seal which came up right in front of me.  It wasn't scary at the time but I was a little paranoid of running in to it.

Noticed at the end that my gopro had come loose so had to come in after 2.5 hours and 60kms.  I could have done more !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 10 01 - Seaford - blown off the water