19 Mar 2011 - Mentone to Beaumaris


Location : Mentone
Kite : 10m Switchblade IDS
Conditions : 20 knots easterly



PredictWind wins again !  
Sunday had absolutely no wind - but Predict wind told us that 18 knots would arrive at about 6pm so we headed down to Mentone to check it out, expecting an easterly.  By the time we got there it had kicked in.  Fantastic location, water and sand are great, wind was a little off and on - but being that it was an easterly this is to be expected.
Tried the backroll to toeside but couldn't really land it - damn !  Plus my forward 360 was not really working today.  I did work a lot on jumps on my weaker side and think I've got it sussed now - must bend my legs more and stick my bum out with two hands on the bar as per my stronger side.  
We did a downwinder across the big bay to Beaumaris - lots of practice on riding toeside so my weaker side got a workout - was great.  On arrival at Beaumaris there were heaps of kiters and reef - different scenario to just Pete and I at Mentone.  Got a lift back to the car from Grant - all up a very fun session.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 05 07 - Hampton with a new Pete