2016 10 16 - Backin it up with another hurricane

Another heavy forecast, Taz, Pete, James, Stu and I headed to Seaford and we weren't dissapointed.  The wind was ballistic - pretty consistent 30 knots, gusting up to 40 at times, close to hitting the limit of holding down the depowered 7m.  I tried out Taz's new board, which was sensational.  Cuts through the water beautifully, and as its so light, you are able to go even higher than normal in the jumps and hold your legs high.  The only catch is that it is so light that it blew away down the beach!  The wind got so strong after I tried Taz's board I couldn't walk into it at all - Taz had to bring me my board.  Got some big air, surfed some nice waves, and everyone was pumped to be out riding heavy wind.  I saw Stu surf some of the incoming waves beautifully - massive smile on his face.
I came in and self landed - happy to have played with heavy wind again and come out the other side.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 05 07 - Hampton with a new Pete