2015 11 26 - What a bicheno of a downwinder

Visited the blowhole in Bicheno and checked out a few spots just north of there for a downwinder.  The wind was pretty marginal, so we continued to wait for a window between rainstorms.  We finally got set after lunch, with just enough wind and a challenging bit of surf.  Took a lot of working the kite, and a couple of people ditched and got washed in.  I was having a ball until I lost balance on a backroll, kite hit the water and I couldn't get it back up for the life of me.  Had to pull safety and swim the kite through the surf to prevent it getting mashed.  Thankfully the guys grabbed my board, but kite was wet as hell.









Damn
Relaunched and reloaded, kite was so wet though and wind was so crap that it didn't last long - we all pulled up at about the same spot.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 05 07 - Hampton with a new Pete