02 Oct 2011 - Mentone in perfect wind - A beautiful sign of things to come


Location : Mentone
Kite : 10m Switchblade
Conditions : 17 knot south easterly

Perfect spring day with the perfect wind.  Fantastic to get out and roll out some of the old favourite tricks - pulled off a couple of 720's, backrolls, backroll transitions, forward loops, inverts.  It's all happening again !
Had another wardrobe malfunction - I don't know what I did but the safety fired off and I had to go in and reset the kite.  Twice in a row - hope this is not going to happen again.  I think I must have stuffed up the donkey dick or the valcro on the safety gave or something.  I kept a good eye on it during the session for any clues but didn't see anything after resetting.  Thanks goodness that has never happened in a tricky situation.  It did give me a chance to practice self rescue, I still have to work on reeling the kite in on the lines.  Bring on summer !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 05 07 - Hampton with a new Pete