2014 03 14 - Surfing downwinder

Grabbed the surfboard for this trip as I've still got wear marks on my feet from the Robe trip.  We decided on the Beaumaris to Brighton downwinder to celebrate Pete's birthday.  Stu picked Pete and I up from Brighton, and we joined Job at Beaumaris.  Great wind, a good tight crew and fantastic scenery awaited. Didn't mess up one tack and I tried every variation of changing direction - all good.  It's strange how it just clicks after a while - gybing a surfboard felt so weird at first but now its just second nature.
Highlights were backrolls and front rolls on a surfboard (actually pretty easy - the extra weight means you don't go so high) and just surfing whatever wave I could hit.  Had a hoot going through between the Cerberus and the pier on the little wave, and also surfing everything I could from blackrock through to Sandringham.

Most fun I've had on the surfboard for ages - but I definitely have to adjust the strap - my little pinkie was getting jammed a lot and was suffering.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 05 07 - Hampton with a new Pete